Earn Your Master’s in Communicative Sciences and Disorders Online at NYU Steinhardt
NYU Steinhardt’s online modality of the master of science in Communicative Sciences and Disorders provides aspiring speech-language pathologists (SLPs) with a comprehensive professional education that integrates evidence-based methodology and research. As a Speech@NYU student, you’ll experience a combination of real-world clinical training, live online classes, and interactive course work. Course work can be completed on a part-time or full-time basis prior to entering the Clinical Practicum and Field Placement Sequence. Upon graduation, you’ll be prepared to pursue licensure, certification, and employment as an SLP in educational, clinical, and research settings.
In addition to supportive and highly engaged professors, you’ll benefit from a network of NYU alumni, resources, and professional connections.
- Live online classes of approximately 12-15 students
- Students easily collaborate with professors and fellow classmates
- Full-time and part-time options available
- Two separate, in-person clinical immersions on NYU Steinhardt’s campus in the heart of New York City. NYU is continually evaluating and adjusting immersion events in regard to COVID-19.
- Three semester-long field placements at settings in or near your community
- Dedicated academic, field placement, and technology support
As a Speech@NYU student, the Clinical Practicum and Field Placement Sequence will provide you with the hands-on clinical training needed to work with both children and adults who face a variety of disorders, in both individual and group settings. The program will find suitable clinical field placement sites for you that are supervised by licensed speech-language pathologists. With this robust clinical experience, you’ll be prepared to work as a speech-language pathologist in a range of settings.
- Earn an NYU Steinhardt degree using a state-of-the-art online platform.
- The curriculum, including the Clinical Practicum and Field Placement Sequence and electives, is designed to offer you a comprehensive learning experience.
- Admitted students have the opportunity to take necessary foundation courses before beginning graduate-level courses.
- Students will complete courses taught by NYU Steinhardt professors who have diverse research interests, clinical experiences, and expertise in a variety of areas. Many are practicing clinicians and highly active in the field; faculty members apply real-world experiences to the classroom and act as supportive mentors to our students.
Admissions requirements are identical to those of the on-campus modality of the MS program. Speech@NYU requires the following items from each applicant:
- Current résumé
- Two letters of recommendation
- Personal statement
- Supplemental essay
- GRE scores
To help you fund your graduate education, NYU Steinhardt offers many forms of financial aid. Financial aid packages take into consideration financial need and academic merit.
You may also apply for federal financial aid loans. Through the Federal Direct Unsubsidized Loan, you are potentially eligible to receive up to $20,500 per academic year. The Federal Direct Graduate PLUS Loan is a credit-based loan that may supplement a Federal Direct Unsubsidized Loan. In order to apply for federal student aid with NYU, you must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
Both the online and on-campus modalities of the MS program in Communicative Sciences and Disorders are accredited by the Council on Academic Accreditation (CAA) in Audiology and Speech-Language Pathology of the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA). The on-campus and online modalities have both received approval from the New York Office of the Professions. The on-campus modality has held continuous accreditation for more than 30 years.
Information last updated September 2020