Earn Your Master’s in Communicative Sciences and Disorders Online at NYU
NYU’s online master of science program in Communicative Sciences and Disorders provides aspiring speech-language pathologists (SLPs) with a comprehensive professional education that integrates evidence-based methodology and research. As a Speech@NYU student, you’ll experience a combination of real-world clinical training, interactive online classes, and course work that can be completed based on your schedule. Upon graduation, you’ll be prepared to work as an SLP in a variety of capacities, including diagnosing, treating, teaching, or researching communicative disorders.
In addition to supportive and highly engaged faculty members, you’ll benefit from a network of NYU alumni, resources, and professional connections.
- Live, online classes of no more than 15 students
- A virtual campus that allows students to easily collaborate with professors and fellow classmates
- In-person immersion experiences on NYU’s campus in the heart of New York City
- Real-world clinical training at field placement sites in or near your community
- Dedicated academic, field placement, and technology support
As a Speech@NYU student, you’ll complete an intensive clinical field component, which includes five clinical externships in at least three different settings. These hands-on field experiences allow you to work with both children and adults who are facing a variety of disorders, in both individual and group settings. The program will find suitable clinical placement sites for you that are located near your community and are supervised by a licensed speech-language pathologist. With this robust clinical experience, you’ll be prepared to work as a speech-language pathologist in a range of settings.
- Earn an NYU degree from anywhere in the country using a state-of-the-art online platform.
- Personalize your education based on your interests and goals with Speech@NYU’s diverse curriculum. Clinical externship experiences and electives are designed to offer you a comprehensive learning experience. They also offer all necessary foundation courses for admitted students who need to complete them before beginning graduate-level courses.
- Complete courses taught by NYU faculty who have diverse research interests and expertise in a variety of areas. As practicing clinicians who are highly active in the field, faculty members apply real-world experiences to the classroom and act as supportive mentors to our students.
Admissions requirements are identical to those of the on-campus NYU program. Speech@NYU requires the following items from each applicant:
- Statement of Purpose
- Current resume
- Two letters of recommendation
- Two essays
- GRE scores
To help you fund your graduate education, Speech@NYU offers various financial aid options. You may apply for both federal financial aid loans: the Federal Graduate PLUS Loan and the Federal Direct Unsubsidized Stafford Loan.
Both the online and on-campus MS programs in Communicative Sciences and Disorders are currently accredited by the Council on Academic Accreditation (CAA) in Audiology and Speech-Language Pathology of the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA). The on-campus program and the online program have both received approval from the New York Office of the Professions. The on-campus program has held continuous accreditation for over 30 years.