Summary of North Carolina Speech Pathology State License Requirements
Speech Pathology Initial Licensure for North Carolina
- Obtain a master’s degree or an equivalent degree.
- Complete 400 clinical observation hours during a supervised direct clinical experience with clients who present speech, language and/or communication disorders.
- Provide written evidence of a nine-month, full-time supervised professional experience.
- Pass the National Teachers Examination in Speech-Language Pathology.
Speech Language Pathology Licensure Exemptions for North Carolina
Reciprocity for Speech Therapists in North Carolina
Interim Practice for Aspiring Speech Pathologists in North Carolina
Continuing Education for Speech-Language Pathologists in North Carolina
Contact Information for SLP State Licensure in North Carolina
North Carolina SLP Licensing Board Oversight
North Carolina Speech Language Hearing Association
North Carolina Regulatory Agencies
North Carolina Hearing Screening Contacts
North Carolina ASHA Network Representatives
- State Education Advocacy Leaders (SEALs): Robin Morrison Smorrison58@nc.rr.com
- State Advocates for Reimbursement (STARS):Cheryl Stephenson (SLP) firstname.lastname@example.org
- State Advocates for Medicare Policy (StAMP) Network: Kellyn Dailey Hall (SLP) email@example.com