2022 South Carolina Speech Pathology State License Guide
Summary of South Carolina Speech Pathology State License Requirements
- A master’s degree in speech language pathology, earned from a school accredited by the American Speech-Language Hearing Association (ASHA).
- A passing score on a board-approved exam.
- Nine months of supervised professional employment.
- Have a current license or meet the standards for an ASHA Certificate of Clinical Competence at the time of application.
Speech Pathology Initial Licensure for South Carolina
Speech Language Pathology Licensure Exemptions for South Carolina
- Federal or state employees.
- Students completing supervised clinical experience.
- Hearing aid dealers or fitters.
- RNs or LPNs working under the supervision of a physician, audiologist or otological consultant.
- Speech language therapists certified by the State Board of Education.